Just wanted to give you an update on Owen's status...
We went in for a brain MRI today, which was successful. They were able to get a good reading, and based on the results, Owen has been diagnosed with Chiari 1 malformation. We have been referred to a Pediatric Neurosurgeon at Upstate and are waiting for our appointment. We do not yet know the extent of this or what the treatment course is, although we have been told surgery is a possibility. Owen does not have any restrictions, he is able to continue at school and his health is not in imminent danger, but it is also a problem that requires urgent attention. I will keep you updated as I know more. This was certainly not the news we were hoping for, but we have a lot of support and we know that Owen is a fighter. Our next steps are an appointment for a follow-up MRI on his spine and a consult with Dr Tovar-Spinoza at Upstate. As soon as we have more news, I will share it. Please keep Owen in your thoughts and prayers.
5 comments:
XOXOXOXOXOXO!!!!!!! bmg
Carey- The TenEyck family sends their love to your family. We are thinking of Owen and sending positive thoughts your way!!!!
You're all in my thoughts and prayers. Much love.
Chris Beckingham
Oh Carey, Don and I were so sad to hear of Owen's health. We prayed for him when we went to bed last night and will continue to do so. Hang in there. Love you all....xoxox...Anne
Wow- so sorry to hear you have to go through this but I feel quite sure all will end up fine...you are all strong and Owen is a real trooper and such a happy and positive person-- he (and the doctors, and the loving support of all) will beat this. Hang in, and we love you all.
Marian, Chris, Danny, Adam
Post a Comment