Friday, November 4, 2011

Owen update

We heard from Dr Anderson's office today and they are sending us for a 2nd opinion with Dr Howard J Silberstein who works out of Rochester. He was personally recommended to them by one of their office staff. Our appt is on Nov 22nd at 11:15. After meeting with him, hopefully we will know a little more information and be able to make an informed decision. If anyone has any information at all on either Dr Silberstein or Dr Tovar Spinoza we would really love to hear it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I asked a former coworker who worked many years at Strong Hospital (U of Roch Med Center) here in Roch about Dr. Silberstein and she said, "Unfortunately, I never worked with this Neurologist. I can say that if it were my child, I would take them to Strong- but I am not familiar with the Pediatric Neurologists or Neurosurgeons. I wish I could be of more help- I do have faith in Strong Hospital’s Neurology department- they tend to see a lot of different disorders, and over the years, we always had transfers in from other hospitals when they could not come to find a diagnosis on a patient." I hope this provides you with some help/comfort. Chris